Saturday, May 8, 2010

//JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER

I love this writer-even though it is quite a while ago which I read his novels they keep finding me again.I also recently read his biographical book "Eating Animals" which as impresed me just as much.I suppose Foer just gets me:)

here are some of my favourite quotes..


-"I regret that it takes a life to learn how to live."
Extremely Loud and Increedibly Close


-"I hope that one day you will have the experience of doing something you do not understand for someone you love." Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

-"I am not sad, he would repeat to himself over and over, I am not sad. As if he might one day convince himself. Or fool himself. Or convince others -- The only thing worse than being sad is for others to know that you are sad." Jonathan Safran Foer (Everything Is Illuminated)

-
"I feel too much. That's what's going on.' 'Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?' 'My insides don't match up with my outsides.' 'Do anyone's insides and outsides match up?' 'I don't know. I'm only me.' 'Maybe that's what a person's personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.' 'But it's worse for me.' 'I wonder if everyone thinks it's worse for him.' 'Probably. But it really is worse for me." Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

-"I do not think that there are any limits to how excellent we could make life seem."
Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)


No comments: