Sunday, March 2, 2008

Intelligent women of the 60's and the theme of Atomic Radiation...
Photobucket


I spend many of the hours i'm meant to be sleeping on the Internet,lurking for interesting images that I obsessively save to my image database.Recently a friend gave me a link to a site that features images other people (or visual geeks, such as myself) have found and uploaded onto a site, which eases my cap usage and makes my image collecting process a whole lot easier! Yesterday I came accross an old book cover that at first amused me, then shocked me (I tend to be quite a feisty feminist at times), and then actually just made me wonder how feminism came to be in first place. The title of a 60's book (written by Margot Bennet, note:a female) stated the following : "The Intelligent Woman's Guide to Atomic Radiation".It unfortunately seems, that the "Inteligent Women" were too occupied reading Atomic Radiation books, rather than giving Judy Chicago a helping hand...

No comments: